Preschool is a fun and exciting time! Whether you are incorporating some preschool activities into your daily routine with your child(ren) or sending them to preschool, we have some resources to share! This page has some fun activities for home to keep your little one engaged, and a list of the preschools in our area if you are looking for a part time or full time program.
Check out our Activities page for local and regional events and spaces to enjoy with your child!
Finding the right preschool for your child, knowing each one's requirements and deadlines, and finding financial assistance for these programs is enough to stress out any parent or caregiver! This list has each Laramie Preschool, a brief description of them, their contact info and important deadlines!
offering daycare and preschool, special education services, and free developmental screening services
We are a FREE preschool, serving children ages 3 - 5. Our highly qualified staff focus on the areas of Education, Family Partnerships, and Health to prepare both children and families for success in education and in life
Laramie Montessori School is a tuition-free charter school serving students from Kindergarten through 6th grade. Our mission is to support the development of the whole child through an authentic Montessori environment that honors the child's intrinsic motivation to learn and supports each individual's unique intellectual, physical, social and emotional development. Along with the Montessori curriculum every child also receives instruction in Art, Music, Keyboarding, Library Skills, Robotics, Life Skills and Physical Education. For more information please call for we would be happy to speak with you or provide a tour. Contact us at (307) 742-9964 or browse our website
Basic Beginnings (North and South Locations)
Basic Beginnings is a child care center dedicated to ensuring a safe and nurturing environment where children can grow and learn and where parents, teachers and the community work together in the best interest of each unique child in a respectful and supportive partnership. Basic Beginnings is dedicated to being a Wyoming leader in the early childhood industry for exemplary employment practices, effective training and mentoring of staff, and a work environment that encourages long term retention of employees.
The Open School teachers work together to design, coordinate, and implement a program that promotes independent play and exploration. The program develops students’ self-esteem while addressing the needs of each individual child. The teachers provide a well-rounded program, working together to allow the students to experience language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics. The staff strives to achieve continuous progress in all areas of child development. Students explore academics through appropriate activities such as music, language classes, cooking, arts and crafts, physical activities, and field trips. Teachers communicate with parents regularly and encourage parental involvement whenever possible.
- We believe that children are strong, intelligent, competent and constantly learning.
- We believe that parents know their children best and have the right to be full participants in their children’s education.
- We believe that teachers are caring professionals trained to support the children in their learning and the parents in their participation.
- We believe that teachers are researchers engaged in the creation of new knowledge as they work alongside the children and in collaboration with other adults in the campus community.
- We believe that children have a right to a beautiful, caring, responsive environment in which to grow and learn together with other children and adults.
- We believe that children, parents, and teachers are all learners and all teachers.
- We believe that the college students who participate in our programs at all levels of their study from beginning observations to semester-long internships are unique, integral, and valuable members of our learning/teaching community.
The Urban Mustard Preschool provides students expertly taught S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, Math) programming. UMS consults with local gardeners, locally owned greenhouse and community gardening locations. Our green-house and gardening classes are detailed fun for children on the school grounds.
The Albany County TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Preschool Partnership
The Albany County TANF Preschool Partnership Application is offered at 4 locations in Laramie: Slade Elementary School, Linford Elementary School, Basic Beginnings North and Basic Beginnings South. Each preschool offers a morning and afternoon session. Student enrollment is limited and in most cases, qualification guidelines must be met. Please submit completed applications to Jan Lawrence at 3520 Garfield Street, Laramie, WY 82070. If you have questions, please call Basic Beginnings South at (307) 742-9332 or email email@example.com.