Toddlerhood is a wild ride! From the ages of 1 to 3 years old, they are learning so much and so quickly! At 1, they are learning to walk, moving towards more solid foods, and expanding their vocabulary. Around 2 years old, they are walking, running, jumping, climbing, bursting at the seams with a new found sense of independence and curiosity! By 3, they are learning to share, are more interested in socializing rather than parallel play, they are beginning to be able to follow directions, and are experiencing all of those big emotions for the first time! We have compiled some of our favorite resources to help through the many changes coming your way from transitioning to solids to potty training!
Check out our Activities page for local and regional events and spaces to enjoy with your child!
Getting your toddlers to eat anything, let alone a nutritional and well balanced meal can be a challenge! Here are some online resources for tips & tricks, inspiration for meals, and fun ways to encourage your children to be involved in the kitchen and get excited about food!
Allergy Mumma and Bubba- kids with allergies
A major milestone in any child's life and what feels like the key to unlocking the next level of parenting for parents and caregivers! So of course this task is not going to be simple or easy, here are some resources to help you find the method of potty training that will work for you and your child.
Potty Training Books
- straightforward potty training books for parents: “Oh Crap! Potty Training“
- flexible potty training book for parents: “The Holy Grail of Potty Training”
- gentle parenting potty training book: “The No-Cry Potty Training Solution“
- funny potty training book for kids: “We Poop on the Potty!“
- interactive potty training books: “P Is for Potty!”, “Potty Time! Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood“
- classic potty training book: “Everyone Poops“
- potty training book for curious kids: “What Is Poop?“
- potty training books for boys: “Potty Time for Boys,” “Dino Potty”
- potty training books for girls: “Once Upon a Potty,” “Potty Superhero: Get Ready for Big Girl Pants“
- a weekend intensive: “Toilet training in less than a day,” “Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro“
- overnight potty training: “Potty Training in 3 Days“
Potty Training Blogs & Podcasts
- Potty Training Genius - resource for all potty training questions, potty training children will down syndrome or autism
- Busy Toddler
This section has several online resources to help track your child's developmental milestones and get guidance on how to help your learn through activities, as well as, where to get them screened for these milestones and professionals if you find they are not meeting these milestones in a timely manner.
Free Developmental Milestone Screening Services - Developmental Preschool and Day Care Center offers FREE screening services
Harvard Center for Developing Children - Activities to help your child discover and learn through each milestone
Milestone Tracking App - The CDC offers a free app to learn about and track your child's developmental milestones. Download for Android or Apple HERE
Screen For Success - Get free tools to track your child's developmental milestones, locate screening sites in our state, and find resources to help if you think your child is developmentally delayed.
The WY Department of Family Services offers childcare subsidies, a database of all licensed childcare facilities in the state, and statistics about childcare facilities in your community.